Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Thank You to the Editor

A brief moment of appreciation for my dashing editor, the gorgeous and talented Tyler Smith.

He is always my first reader, and quick to catch any mistakes.

Were it not for this young man, Hearst would have been referred to as Heart every time I mentioned his name in my review of Citizen Kane.  Not sure why I did this.  Perhaps I was distracted by how much I "heart" Tyler because he was sitting nearby?  Like when I wrote my paper on Edith Stein, and kept referring to Pope John Paul II as Pope Jean Paul because I was watching Star Trek at the same time and had somehow melded the pope and Jean Luc Picard?

Were it not for Tyler, I would also have referred to the three men in The Best Years of Our Lives as "soldiers," instead of "servicemen."  This, apparently, could have been a serious affront to the Navy and Air Force.  Crisis averted.

To my devoted editor and love, I thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment