Sunday, October 28, 2012

1973 The Sting

1973 The Sting

A good movie.  I think what ruined this movie for me was Ocean's Eleven.  Having seen Ocean's Eleven first, I kind of felt like I'd already seen this one -and I liked Ocean's Eleven better.

The Sting is about a grifter, Johnny Hooker (Robert Redford), trying to pull off a really big heist in revenge for the murder of one of his friends.  Assisting him is Henry Gondorff (Paul Newman).  Their plan is extremely clever, and the movie has lots of good twists.
 

Ocean's Eleven.


A good movie, but it didn't make a huge impression on me for some reason.

2 comments:

  1. What??? Obviously you are a younger generation. No one can beat Newman and Redford, not even Clooney and Pitt:) I love this movie, it was so twisty and kept you on the edge of your seat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you could be right. Perhaps I need to watch it again!

    ReplyDelete