Saturday, December 15, 2012

Top 10 Best Picture Winners

Top 10 Best Picture Winners


This is the toughest Top 10 list for me to write, because there are a lot of good choices, and my opinion changes with my mood.  I've rewritten the list many times.  This is what I've settled on at the moment (not in any particular order):


Gone With the Wind

All About Eve

The Godfather

The Godfather II

Dances with Wolves




The Silence of the Lambs

Schindler's List

Forrest Gump

Chicago

Out of Africa -This was the toughest (the last one to make my list).  I vacillated a lot.



Note: If The Lord of the Rings Trilogy as a whole had actually won, it would be on the list; however, The Return of the King on its own does not make the list.  The Fellowship of the Ring would have, had it won.  In fact, several Oscar snubs would boot others of this list (Shawshank Redemption, Amistad and Saving Private Ryan would have made this list for sure.).


No comments:

Post a Comment