Thursday, December 6, 2012

2006 The Departed

2006 The Departed



Better than I anticipated.  I liked the music and the cast.

It focuses on two moles (not the animals -that would have been a surprising twist).  Matt Damon is a mole who infiltrates the police force for mafioso Jack Nicholson.  Leonardo DiCaprio is a police officer who infiltrates Nicholson's organization.  It also stars Mark Wahlberg, Alec Baldwin and Martin Sheen.  It's pretty much the battle of the moles, with each trying to unearth the other, and both living dishonest lives in order to help their prospective organizations.

Not really best picture quality, but a pretty good movie.

Not many survivors -quite Hamletesque in that sense.

At least Little Miss Sunshine didn't win.  I am tired of quirky, dysfunctional family movies.

I can't say that I saw many of the other movies that were released in 2006.

I did love The Queen, but is it more deserving than The Departed?  I'm not sure.  I want to say yes, because I like it more, but it's a tough call.



HM Queen Elizabeth II: So, what would you suggest, Prime Minister - some kind of a statement?
Tony Blair: No, ma'am.  I believe the moment for statements has passed.  I would suggest flying the flag at half-mast above Buckingham Palace, and coming down to London at the earliest opportunity.  It would be a great comfort to your people, and would help them with their grief.
HM Queen Elizabeth II: Their grief?  If you imagine I'm going to drop everything and come down to London before I attend to my grandchildren who've just lost their mother, then you're mistaken.  I doubt there is anyone who knows the British people more than I do, Mr. Blair, nor who has greater faith in their wisdom and judgement.  And it is my belief that they will any moment reject this...this "mood", which is being stirred up by the press, in favor of a period of restrained grief, and sober, private mourning.  That's the way we do things in this country, quietly, with dignity.  That's what the rest of the world has always admired us for.
Tony Blair: If that's your decision, ma'am, of course the government will support it.  Let's keep in touch.
HM Queen Elizabeth II: Yes.  Let's.  

-The Queen

No comments:

Post a Comment