Wednesday, September 19, 2012

1928-1929 The Broadway Melody

1928-1929 The Broadway Melody

 photo BroadwayMelody_zps41d4a698.jpg
Another movie I watched back in the day, and it only made slightly more of an impression than Wings.  What I remember: It was the first talkie to win, was a musical (no music I remember), and 2 sisters love the same guy.  

The girl I wanted to get the guy didn't (the younger, prettier, flightier one did -she wasn't a bad egg, I was just rooting for the older sister).  Not a satisfying ending, with the older sister alone and sad.  But it did make history as the first talkie to get the award.    

Update: I watched the movie again.  Here is a more detailed review:

http://kaleenasmith.blogspot.com/2012/12/wings-and-broadway-melody-re-reviewed.html

2 comments:

  1. Don't worry -as the young, stunning sister, you wouldn't have a problem. ;)

    ReplyDelete