Thursday, November 7, 2013

#59 Nashville (1975)

#59 Nashville (1975)

 photo Nashville6_zps25729842.jpg

Haven Hamilton: Y'all take it easy now.  This isn't Dallas, it's Nashville!  They can't do this to us here in Nashville!  Let's show them what we're made of.  Come on everybody, sing!  Somebody, sing!

Nashville is a long movie at 160 minutes, and follows a group of people involved in various ways in the country music scene in Nashville, from aspiring performers to business managers to fans to successful country music stars.

Everything comes to a head in a violent ending that left me confused.  I somehow think that it was intentionally confusing, but I can't say why.  I wish I knew the point of it.  I probably shouldn't be writing reviews right now, as I'm tired and it probably shows, but I've been putting it off and should get some reviews up!

Anyway, the movie was entertaining, I just didn't understand the ending.  If someone can explain it, that would be most helpful.

There were actually a couple of songs I liked, particularly 'I'm Easy' and 'One, I Love You'. 

No comments:

Post a Comment